Submit your photos and they could be featured in this magazine. A first place, runner up and honorable mention photo will be selected in each category and published in RVing Women magazine and online.
Photos must be received in the RVW office by September 21, 2015. You may submit an unlimited number of photos in any of our six photo contest categories.
Wildlife and Pets
photos of animals in the wild and
candid or posed photos of pets
candid or posed photos of people
Landscapes and Nature
photos of scenic outdoor vistas
and natural landscapes
Great and Simple Designs
photos of buildings, cityscapes,
farmlands, sculptures, monuments
and compositions of objects
photos representing the joys of
the RV lifestyle
Sports and Adventure
photos depicting any of a broad
range of sports activities
1. This contest is open to members of RVing Women only.
2. Submit your best/favorite photos. Do not include photos submitted in a previous RVW photo contest.
3. On the back of each photo, clearly print the category that best fits the photo, your first and last name, and the date the photo was taken. Include a two or three word title and a note describing the photo and location.
4. Include an entry fee of $3 per photo. Proceeds will go to support RVW.
5. Send entries to RVing Women, P.O. Box 1940, Apache Junction AZ 85117-1940. For courier delivery, send to RVing Women, 879 N. Plaza Drive, Suite 103B, Apache Junction AZ 85120. Entries must be received in the RVW office by September 21, 2015.
Photos will be displayed at this year's convention in Shawnee, Oklahoma. They will also be offered for sale to convention attendees for a $5 donation made payable in your name to RVW. Results will be announced at the convention. Winning photos will be published in the March/April 2016 issue of RVing Women and online.
Requirements for photos:
1. Photos must be taken at a high resolution setting. (Most camera shops can help you set your camera to high resolution.) On some cameras, the highest setting may be labeled TIFF. Check the size read-out on your camera or in your user’s manual. The highest quality setting should be at least 72 dpi at 30x40 inches or 300 dpi at 8x10 inches. Copy the photo onto a CD at full size resolution in JPEG or TIFF format.
2. Submit the CD along with an 8x10-inch professionally processed print of the photo for judging purposes.
3. Filters may be used and photos may be cropped, but “digital magic” photos will not be accepted (i.e.,
artificially colorized or manipulated to add or delete an image, stretch or skew an object or change a
background). Photos with captions or text added also will not be accepted.
All prints and CDs submitted as part of this contest become the possession of RVing Women and will not be returned.