Photo of Susy Stephens by Sandy Stephens
We have made some changes in the photo contest!
We've added a category and want photos submitted both digitally and with smaller prints.
A ﬁrst, second and third place photo will still be selected in each category and published in RVing Women magazine and online on our website.
The ﬁrst change is that we divided the popular Wildlife/Pets category into separate categories. The second change is that we now want you to mail smaller (less expensive) prints to the RVW office, as well as email or send a digital image. We will be showing all of the photos digitally at the convention instead of posting 8x10 pictures.
Photos must still be received in the RVW office by September 30, 2019, and we are limiting entries. You may submit up to two (2) photos in each of our seven categories.
- This contest is open to members of RVing Women only.
- Choose your best/favorite photos. Submit an 4x6-inch professionally processed print of each photo. Do not include photos submitted in a previous RVW photo contest.
- On the back of each photo, clearly print (1) the category that best ﬁts the photo, (2) your ﬁrst and last name, (3) your primary RVW chapter, and (4) the date the photo was taken. (5) Include a two or three word title and a note describing the photo and location where you took the photo.
- Include an entry fee of $3 per photo. Proceeds will go to support RVW.
- Mail these printed 4x6 photos to RVing Women, P.O. Box 1940, Apache Junction AZ 85117-1940. For UPS, FedEx or other courier delivery ONLY, you can send them to RVing Women, 879 N. Plaza Drive, Suite 103B, Apache Junction AZ 85120. Entries must be received in the RVW office by September 30, 2019.
- Also email a digital copy of the photo to RVWpictures@gmail.com. Do NOT let your email program make the photo smaller. Send images with the original pixel size (unless cropped). Do not scale and do not change the resolution. Images must be at least 300 dpi and in JPEG format. You can also send a disk or jump drive with your digital images on it to the RVW office, along with your prints and entrance fee.
- All photographs should accurately reﬂect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (cropping, spotting for dust, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualiﬁed. Photos with captions or text added also will not be accepted.
- While all photos that have subjects that ﬁt in the seven categories will be eligible for the contest, judges will give extra weight to excellent photos that reﬂect RVing Women subjects, rallies and activities.
Photos will be digitally displayed at this year’s convention in Tucson, Arizona. Contest results will be posted at the convention and winning photos will be published in the January/February 2020 issue of RVW magazine and online on our website.
All photos submitted as part of this contest become the possession of RVing Women and will not be returned. RVW reserves the right to use the photos submitted in the RVW magazine, website and in promotional materials.
2019 Contest Categories
Photos representing the joys of the RV lifestyle
Photos of all types of animals in the wild
Candid or posed photos of pets
Candid or posed photos of people
Landscapes and Nature
Photos of scenic outdoor vistas and natural landscapes
Great and Simple Designs
Photos of buildings, cityscapes, farmlands, sculptures, monuments and compositions of objects
Sports and Adventure
Photos depicting any of a broad range of sports activities